Thursday 7 April 2011

Thursday, April 07 Update

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update this evening - no new images to post; however I am currently rendering a test of the Pegasus "launch" sequence without textures or shadows, which has got the rendertime down to about 12 seconds per frame - certainly faster than the 2 hour rendertime at full quality and 720p!  This will be ready to post tomorrow - I'm really excited to see how it turns out.

I have also received some music from the composer on the project - I'm keeping this close to my chest for the moment though, but I can tell you that it's fantastic work, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed ;)

I'm also happy to announce that I've started collaborating with another Blender artist, who is looking at modelling and rigging the robots, starting with Ares.  Again I won't give much away at this point, but work is progressing well and looking really good!

All for now,

Andy

4 comments:

  1. Just heard of this from BlenderArt Magazine. I wish I was skilled enough to help. I loved this series (own them all including Prime) and will be keeping tabs on it. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bryan, thanks for your message! If you could keep an eye on the new images and videos and comment on them, that would be a big help!

    I'm the same, I love the series and have all of them, even the Windows J3 on DVD :)

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andy,
    Just read this on BlenderArt and I got to say it is awesome!
    I would love to be part of this as I'm a huge Journeyman fan, in fact I'm about halfway through Legacy of Time for the second time. I usually play all 3 games every year or so, much like some people read the Lord of the Rings trilogy over and over.
    If there's anything I can do, let me know and I'll do as much as I can.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ernie,

    Thanks for the feedback! I'm presuming you use Blender? What could you bring to the project?

    It would be great to have you onboard - drop me an email to AndrewCurry2 (at) google mail dot com and we'll put smething together!

    Thanks again for your interest!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete