Wednesday 12 June 2013

Project Update: June 2013

Hello one and all!

This is going to be a somewhat cryptic update, but as Brad Pitt said in Ocean's 12, "I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why."

I'm going to qualify the above as much as I can.  The Tribute is still ongoing; it is our mission to see this thing finished.  However, at this point we are working on some absolutely fantastic developments behind the scenes that I am not at liberty to discuss, nor can I tell you why I can't discuss it.

I said this would be cryptic!

Please note that due to these developments, I won't be able to make the regular screenshot and video updates that I was making previously.  When I can post shots however, rest assured that I will.  This project would be nothing without your support, and I'm posting this to give you some reassurance that the project is still alive.

The project is alive and well and we're working as hard as we can to make it the best looking Journeyman yet.

Please bear with us as we continue to develop Tribute, which I hope you will have the pleasure of playing in the near future.

Best wishes,

Andy

18 comments:

  1. If you ever need more rendering done i'm always willing to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks William I'll bear that in mind :)

      Delete
  2. This is the most exciting news of the year! I'm an avid fan of both the JMP series and of Presto Studios! I want to wish you & your team the best of luck and a speedy conclusion to what is most likely to be the game of the year!

    Glenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon, conclusion yes, speedy no. It will be finished but not quickly; myself and the rest of the team are not going to rush it in order to be finished at the expense of a less than great result. Bear with us, progress is being made!

      Delete
  3. If I had to guess, I would have to say he is under a heavy NDA with Presto who are now paying him too make the project full-time, eather that or he is being the suased by them but then it would be more lickley that the whole site would be down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jamie, I can't make any comment on your post, however I will say that the project is still being worked on and will be released when it's finished. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Sorry in my last comment I meant to say "formal employee Tommy Y[something]" NOT presto, also you can offcouse refraim from comenting on my cmments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to guess that you're somehow working with some of the original developers... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trey, again I cannot comment on this but like you am eager to see the final result even though I'm working on it hehe :) I just hope you all enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying making it!

      Delete
  6. I would also like to volunteer my services. I do audio production work for films and am a musician. Email me @ treymotes@gmail.com if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while. Any more progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes progress is being made; all under the hood at the moment though so unfortunately I don't have any improved shots to show you.

      Delete
  8. Just checking-in if everything is fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been quite a while. Any progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As ever, progress is still being made. No ETA/projections to completion; I'm just as eager as you to play it so please bear with us :)

      Delete
  10. It's been a full year. Please post something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its been over a year since the last official update. Is the game still making progress?

    ReplyDelete