Monday 18 June 2012

Progress Update - Monday 18th June 2012

Hey hey :)

Some fantastic progress has been made over the last few days.  I won't go into a huge amount of detail, but the first pass of a couple of the environments has been started and the first very basic tests been loaded into the Aware engine.

These tests are looking at a) the current status of the engine and b) the current quality of the environments, specifically highlighting issues with modelling/texturing/compositing/game implementation.  Issues are being identified and fixes being put in place to prevent future crop-ups of the same issue.  While this will take a lot of time at this stage, I believe that it is critically important to get this right now rather than have to come back and fix a swathe of issues that could have been avoided.

Work is, as ever, in progress; I would like to say thanks to you all for sticking with myself and the team so far.  It has been a rollercoaster since I started the project almost 14 months ago and I'm loving every minute.

Also (and not for the last time), a massive thanks to Presto Studios for their vision back in the early 90s.  Without them I wouldn't be working on this project, and without their blessing I wouldn't have the heart to do it.

Long live Journeyman.

Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment